Challenging Notices, Order and other registration issues
We are a specialist health and social care barristers chambers with significant experience in dealing with social care regulators including the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other regulators.
With extensive regulatory powers to their disposal, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other social care regulators have a range of enforcement powers they can call on including:
- Notices of Proposal:
- Cancel your registration
- Suspend your registration
- Vary your registration by removing a location (and effectively cancelling its registration)
- Vary your registration to stop you from doing something, such as restricting admission to a location
- Vary your registration to make you do something, such as provide action plans to CQC
- Notices of Decision:
- Cancel, Suspend, or Vary your registration on an urgent basis under section 31 which means the action takes place immediately, which can result in services having to cease and service users removed immediately, or providers face committing a criminal offence.
- Magistrates’ Court Orders cancelling a provider’s registration on an urgent basis, which takes effect as soon as it is served on a provider
Clearly any of these powers can severely affect your business reputationally but also finically.
With this broad range of enforcement powers, there is usually a right of reply or other legal recourse avenues. However, time is of the essence in these circumstances. Early, comprehensive and robust engagement is essential.
If you have been served with any Notices, Orders or any other enforcement notices, please contact us without delay. Because of our experience in the criminal courts and other adversarial tribunals, our special expertise is at contested hearings. Therefore in addition to dealing with legal issues relating to regulators, we are also vastly experienced in criminal matters and can advise and represent you in any matters before the courts.
I had a rather complicated case with very serious allegations. After thorough research I was fortunate to find Kings View Chambers. They were honest and upfront in their review of my situation from the outset, giving practical advice as to the best way forward and reasonable and affordable costings.
Speak to us today
Please contact us without delay if you are experiencing difficulties with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), inspection reports or issues with any other regulatory body or actions.