- We are expert fitness to practise barristers in the medical, health and social care fields. Click on the tab “Medical Defence” to see the regulators we defend against.
- We deal with internal matters, investigation stage matters and all fitness to practise related cases.
- All clients are entitled to an initial free telephone consultation about their case. This aids both you and us in assessing whether your case is suitable for direct access and whether we are the appropriate lawyers to assist you.
- In this consultation we will outline the stages and next steps. This will include indicative timeframes and fixed price quotations.
- All quotations are given with fixed fees for preparation and representation and confirmed in writing at each and every stage. These fees are given in advance to you, outlined in writing and are agreed before representation commences.
- The fee for preparation is dependent entirely on which regulator you are facing, what the allegations against you are, which stage you are at and the extent of the evidence.
- The quotations given are universal and broken down. They are capped and there are no hidden costs ever.
- We are happy to discuss staged payments as a case proceeds given that most will have long timescales.
- We call all enquiries within 24 hours and discuss as above.
- Timescales are entirely dependent on the stage you are at in proceedings and what work needs to be done.
- Ordinarily timescales are dictated by internal investigations, hearing dates or the regulator themselves.
- We always meet those timescales however should more time be needed then we will apply for such on your behalf and with your permission. Such instances might arise if we advise you to gather more or different evidence, a matter of law has arisen or some other topic which needs a decision from you that we think would be best made without the pressure of a timescale.
- Outside of this we meet the timescales we agree with you in advance.
We commit all advice and quotations to writing – outlining clearly the agreed course, the agreed fees and the agreed next stages. We encourage all clients to ask anything they wish about this to make sure there is no confusion at a later stage.
You will see from our Trustpilot reviews, our BSB records [Stephen McCaffrey & Catherine Stock] and our Legal Ombudsman findings that this system has worked well from when we began at the forefront of direct access representation.